Top sign corrections in place! Now ready to prime!

The first big change I did was to use full 3/4" wood instead of 1/2" for the interior supports. It lends a lot of stability to the top signs. I also cut out the insides of the supports so I can screw in the lights to them later on...

IMG 0586

Here they are in place...

IMG 0587

The final step was to make the whole sign 1/4" larger and then cut out 1/8" where the door and top mate with the top signs. This should give them a lot of strength. Here is a good shot of the dado cuts for where the door meets the top sign.

IMG 0588

The signs now cleanly sit inside the TARDIS, are in no danger of falling out, can easily be screwed and attached in place, and there is a great spot to attach the led backlighting. Whew!


Popular Posts